What do you do with something that is too good to be true? When something is so perfect, so right, that you can't believe it is actually real? Could it be possible that you've found a hidden treasure? What happens when you test it, examine it... all the while waiting for the truth to be revealed that it was not what you'd thought... and ultimately find that it passes every test? You protect it. You nurture it, and care for it... You fight for it!
The odds of finding your soul mate, that person with whom you gel, you click... the one who fits seamlessly... well, the odds of finding them are similar to the odds of winning the lottery. Yet, people DO win the lottery. And people DO find their true love. Most have played the game many times, and got nothing back. Their numbers never matched. And then one day, they just did. They sat anxiously holding their ticket... their criteria for a partner, their desire for a deep, lasting love... and one by one, they realized that every number lined up! They probably read the numbers over and over. They probably looked at their significant other and analyzed. I know... I do it with the man in my life... but no matter how many times I go back and forth between what I want and need, and what he is.... the results never change. It's real. It's actually real.
We have been together for quite a while now, and we know each other very well. I found a book called 1000 Questions for Couples, and as I went through it, I realized there is always more for us to learn. But, when I think about our relationship, I know that we have spent more time getting to know each other on a deep, honest level than most couples have after five or ten years. I know that there are (and will be) things that we disagree on, but also know that we have established solid, mature habits when it comes to communicating, and to compromising. Things between us just flow so easily. There is so much love and happiness and support and fulfillment! I know that what we have is too good to look anywhere else. The pieces fit, the numbers match, and that nagging, incomplete feeling has washed away.
I have a winning lottery ticket in my back pocket. I've checked the numbers a million times, and I know that I am one of the lucky few whose lives are changed forever by cashing in that winning ticket. This type of jackpot can't simply be claimed at the corner store. There are steps that must be taken to ensure the protection of it, to ensure it is spent carefully, and invested wisely so that it continues to grow. And because of that planning and that preparation… when the time comes for me to claim my winnings… I know that it will be right—and my life will never be the same.
I’m so excited…
6 comments:
This is a wonderful post!!!! It resonates with me for so many obvious reasons and you know why. When you find THE Guy (or in your case McP, because I have THE Guy) you just...know!!! It's a feeling that resonates in your soul...it's a jigsaw puzzle piece, it's a thousand little things that you can't deny or contrive...because they're REAL and meant to be. That kinda stuff can't be manufactured; at least not if it's authentic. It's more than just finishing one another's sentences and liking the same movies. It's a cohesiveness that you can't even adequately describe in a blog or in the verbally, unless you're one of the two people IN the equation. Okay...time to stop gushing because for the FIRST TIME in my ENTIRE life, I sooooo get this post and the theme of it in general. It's like coming home...finally.
Love you,
Mi
You're one of the lucky ones. I think everyone watches movies or reads books with an idea in mind of what that type of love is,true love. Not all of us are as fortunate to find it as you. Hold on with both hands. You're very lucky.
Isn't love fabulous? I am so happy for you and wish you only the best.
I wish I had this. Someday I will though. Writers like you give the rest of us hope. Thank you.
Hello,
This was very nice to read and very inspirational, really. The love of you and this man is very beautiful.
Thank you,
Janet
HE got the winning ticket with YOU.
Post a Comment