Enjoy! or Don't. Whatever!

Hey, I won't be specific here, but my phone is dying and driving me nuts, and I just wanted to say that I'm not putting you off. I'm trying to get logged in to the website and I think they are having a prob with their site. Actually I'm pretty sure of it. I put in my password (correctly... it's been the same forever) and they say it's incorrect... so I do it two more times because I'm completely confident that it's right. And they lock me out for entering it too many times (in)correctly. grrr So I say eff it and go to reset the password. So I completely verify myself with account number, card number, my locker combo from the 7th grade, the age I lost my virginity and the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th numbers of my great-grandfather's social security number (on my mother's side). At which time, they are confident I am who I claim to be (because seriously, if someone else knows all of that stuff... they really have more problems than money) and I am allowed to select a new password. A process which excites me and also annoys me because I know for the next two months every time I log in I will have to try and remember what exactly I selected for the exact reason that I'd never forget selecting it. They say it's a medium security level, but I don't care because I don't want a VIN number for a password and CONGRATULATIONS! You have selected a new password! Please enter it now to access your account. Now, at this time, I'm kind of OVER the whole process so I type extremely carefully to be sure I only have to do it once. SUBMIT.... working.... doobeedooobeee duh... WHAT? My password is incorrect!?!?! I don't think I forgot it in the last 8 nanoseconds since I chose it, but OK, maybe my finger slipped or something.... OK here we go... (this part that you can't see is me taking exactly forty-five minutes to type in six characters. I DO have to be careful, after all, my password was only MEDIUMish secure) and SUBMIT! dum dum dumdedumdeee..... MOTHER EFFER!!!!!!
I'm now kind of concerned that maybe I got my identity stolen and some guy in an Abercrombie shirt with his collar popped is pretending I'm his mom. That's disturbing on so many levels and it really upsets me. I would never let my kid dress like that.
So anyway, after I get a minute to eat something and take a lot of pills, I will try again. I'm not extremely worried about it, but that does seem odd and I DO want to know if it's on my end.
And the reason I haven't called customer service yet is A) I just broke up with the website and it was really messy and I'm just not sure I'm emotionally ready to get back out there and B) I actually DID call - just to listen to the message and then hang up- but the automated system gave me my account history and I'm pretty sure the entire thing was in binary code. I have no idea what they're listing off to me and the last rep I talked to was cleaning up a mess by the Slurpee machine while she spoke to me. I'm all for multi-tasking but I'd much prefer they work on their diction than their custodial responsibilities.
So anyway, I'm looking into it. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment