Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rock, Paper, Pretzels

I bought pretzels the other day. I thought they would be a healthier alternative to my Ranch Corn Nut obsession, since I often find myself craving something crunchy for a late night snack. Except, Ranch Corn Nuts are the food of the gods, and pretzels suck. I feel like I just bit into a hard cardboard box... with giant salt granules glued on like some elementary school macaroni art project. WHY do people like pretzels?
In their defense, I do have to say that I used to enjoy them. And then once when I was a teenager, I went on a diet where all I ate each day for three weeks was a bagel, an ounce of pretzels, and a low-calorie frozen dinner. It worked... I lost 15 pounds... but I still can't get into the idea of eating bagels (and apparently also pretzels).
SO, if anyone is interested, I have a giant box of sourdough hard pretzels that you are welcome to... you can use them to break neighborhood windows, pave a lovely walkway, or build a house for which the big bad wolf would be no match.

No comments: