Dreams are funny things. I'm not talking the 'someday I want to be an astronaut' kind or the 'one day this nation will rise up' kind. I mean the middle of the night, or the middle of the flight, or the middle of Calculus class kind. Some dreams are so horrible that you awake in a cold sweat... or are so fantastic that you try to fall back asleep and pick up where you left off. Some make you wake up and say, 'What the hell was that?'. My friend Lorie over at Lorie and Company says she has a reoccurring nightmare about a blob of cream of mushroom soup. You know, THAT kind of dream. I had a dream like that for years. I would have it regularly, every few weeks, and even sometimes twice a night. It got to the point that when the dream would start I was totally aware I was having that same dream again and I'd just run down the street and into the wierdo's house and jump off of the balcony and swim out the side of the pool and run back to the street and I would wake up. I'd totally skip the whole chasing the little kid who ran away from the field trip part, and the crazy cartoon way he would run down one street to the right, and then come out from a street on the left a second later. I'd run right into the apartment with the open door and completely ignore the freaky teenager sitting on the floor playing with the toy fire engine and making all of the siren sounds. I wouldn't wait for the psycho man to offer me the smoking, bubbling cauldron cup of tea from his oversized tray, and I'd jump through the enormous gap in his balcony railing, never questioning the fact that I'd gone from the ground floor to five stories up in an instant. As soon as I hit the water in the giant above-ground pool below, I would look for the gaping hole in the side, where mysteriously, no water ever leaked out, and I would swim over and crawl out onto the grass. But, no matter how many times I rushed through this dream, I always took time to enjoy how I was instantly dry the second each part of me left the pool. Why I had THIS dream over and over again, I have no idea. I can think of at least three dreams I have had this week that I would prefer to repeat. I won't go into detail on those cause I think sometimes my mom reads my blog, but I'd put an order in for a dozen more like those right now!
I dream about certain things and certain people all of the time. I have dreams that I am sure are a view into my sub-conscious fears and /or wishes. Lately, many of my dreams are the same when I am awake as when I am asleep... and these I don't want to rush. They are the kind of daydreams that make it easy to be awake, that buffer the harshness of daylight and soften the howling of the winds. I don't want to skip through these daydreams... I want to dream them and dream them and dream them until they become my reality...
2 comments:
I liked your interest in marriage
hahahaaha you totally have to leave this up here. you wanted woman, you. that's part of the fun of a public blog. what, you didn't hear? marriage proposals from afar? hahaha
Post a Comment