I can't believe my little girl is four years old today. Didn't she just get here? Time goes by so fast... too fast.
I was born at 11:11 in the morning. Pretty cool, huh? Well, it gets better: When I was first dating her father, we were joking one day how he could read my mind. He guessed the card in my hand, and some other random fact. I knew I had never told him this, so I said, "Fine, then. You can read my mind. What time was I born?" Immediately he made a face and said, "How am I supposed to know that?" "Well just guess, then. I'll give you a clue: it's a unique number."
His response? "Well, I know it's not 11:11."
"WHAT?!?!?!?! How did you know that? I have NEVER told you that!"
"Told me what? That's what time I was born!"
Turns out we were both born at 11:11 in the morning.
Cool story, right? But it still gets better:
Cut to- I'm pregnant with our daughter and we are scheduled for a c-section at 10:30 am. While the nurse was getting my IV in, I told her the story and asked her what the possibility was that we would have her at that same time. She said it was a neat story, but it was 9:45 and they were ready to take me into the OR so it wasn't gonna happen. I was so excited to get Aryanna here that I didn't care. So they took us back and started to give me the spinal block, but the girl who was doing it was in training... yes, TRAINING. oy veh. So, she doesn't do it right, and it only blocked the left side. So she had to do it again. YES, they let HER do it AGAIN. I was not happy. It hurt and it was uncomfortable and it is FREEZING in an OR and I was not in the mood to hear her say OOPS. Anyway, she gets it right, and finally they are on the other side of the blue sheet and they are almost done, and that first nurse comes by and says, "Guess what? It's 11:08!" It took a second for me to process, and then I said, "Do you think we could do it?!?" Well, the two young doctors who were operating tandem overheard our exchange and asked what I was talking about. I gave them a quick run-down, and suddenly, one doctor looked at the other with a devious twinkle in his eyes and said, "You can't get this baby out in two minutes!" "OH YES I CAN!", the other doc responded, and suddenly the room filled with the smell of testosterone and the craziest thing happened. All of the peds nurses, and the anesthesiologist and all of my nurses and, well, basically every one in the room started clapping and cheering, and the doctors were practically tossing things back and forth and the tick of the clock was almost audible and....WAAAHHHHHHH. 11:11 am!
And now, she is a little lady. She loves lip gloss and Hannah Montana and she has a sarcastic wit that is so intuitive that it takes you by surprise. She smells like lavender and gets her pronouns confused and she completely lights up my life.
Happy Birthday, baby girl. Mommy loves you more than you could ever know!


8 comments:
Yay! My little princess girl is 4! I am so happy I got to see her today. Can't wait for tomorrow and our little celebration for her. ...okay, had to stop the comment for a sec coz she had to kiss me goodbye and say, "who loves ya baby!" awww....i love you too aryanna j.w.!
P.S. Charlie Goat
Aryanna is a doll! Love the pics. Happy Birthday to her. Can't wait to meet her...she and Daphne can play with lip gloss and Hannah Montana together.
Aryanna is a beauty!! Look out mama!! With all of you and your flipping bevy of beautiful kids it almost makes me change my mind about not having them!!LOL HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aryanna!!
She's a very, very pretty little lady. We have to have a play date soon. Ava, Audrey,Daphne, Max, Aryanna, your son, Kyle, and Erika. Isn't it amazing how it really does seem like just yesterday and then Boom! She's four! Happy birthday to your sweet Aryanna with love.
JENNIFER,
ARYANNA LOOKS VERY HAPPY AND LOVED. THAT IS THE BEST GIFT YOU CAN POSSIBLY EVER GIVE HER. I HEARD ABOUT THE EARRINGS; I'M SURE SHE IS ADORABLE. CELEBRATE TODAY AND KNOW THAT I'M THINKING OF HER AND WISHING HER A HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY.
What a little cutie pie. She's gonna break a lot of hearts! Happy Birthday to your little girl
Happy birthday to your lovely daughter.
Thank you to all of you for the sweet comments! We had a great day and she had a very happy birthday!
Post a Comment