Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Plastics

I'd like to take a minute to talk about Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt. Which, I fear, is a grave mistake... because that's exactly what they WANT everyone to do. Never before have we seen this level of attention whoring. In an effort to trump their attention whore contemporaries (read: Paris, LiLo, the entire cast of Laguna Beach), they have apparently taken to tipping off the paparazzi and then enacting a well choreographed two-man version of the intro to Three's Company. There are no pictures of this couple getting gasoline, or stuck in airport security or other expected celebrity minutae that makes it into the pages of USWeekly. Nope. Just cheesy, overacted, staged (and truthfully, a little scary) pictures of the two lovey-birds out and about town.

I give you:

Photobucket
Here, the photog shouted, "hey, you two: try and look as retarded as possible!" This feigned surprise hit the mark.

Exhibit B:
Photobucket
You could not look any gay-er, dude.

Exhibit 3:

Photobucket
"Aw, more stripper shoes? That's really thoughtful."

Exhibit IV:
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Just a normal day at the park... until Mr Furley showed up.

Exhibit E:

Photobucket
Apparently all of that posing is exhausting. I love the arched back and hand placement a la Rose in Titanic. I sleep like that, too.

I'd pay good money to see these two doing something worthwhile. Anything. Like maybe go away.

No comments: