A few months ago, I got pulled over for speeding. Except I wasn't! The officer clocked me doing 45 in a 45mph speed zone. So why, pray tell, did said officer pull me over? Because the sign had fallen over and the default speed where there is no posted speed limit is 25mph. SO, I am fighting the ticket. Unfortunately, you have to PAY the ticket in order to plead 'not guilty', and then, after tying you up in the legal system for months and months, if it is determined that you are, in fact, not guilty... they give you your money back. I really don't understand why I have to meet with the Assistant D.A. and go to trial in order to fight a traffic ticket. But, I will. I have photos of the repaired sign, less than a tenth of a mile before where I was stopped, along with 5 other photos of 45mph signs, all within a half of a mile. I think I have a good case.
I can only assume the process is so arduous so that it will deter every person who gets a traffic ticket from taking their case to court, but it still makes me wonder how many people just go along with the same old song and dance:
No comments:
Post a Comment