Thursday, November 6, 2008

Suburban Secret

The moms you see picking up kids from school in the afternoon are totally different moms than the ones who drop them off. The chatty moms with their cute hair and ballet flats do not exist before school. At some point during the day, a transformation takes place. Before school, these very same moms pull out of their garages... makeup-less faces hidden by sunglasses, pajamas hidden by sweatshirts. Hoping... praying... that they can just make it to the drop-off and back into the garage without being spotted. Ok, maybe a Starbucks drive-thru on the way... but that's it.

I know- because I am one of them. It's not something we are proud of. If we could, we would wake up at 4 am and bake some banana bread for breakfast, and get the ironing done, and shower, and doll ourselves up... and sometimes we actually do that... sometimes we get it right. But - EVERY DAY???? There's not enough Starbucks in all the world.

1 comment:

SAFAHL said...

I liked your profession and your blog