Monday, November 3, 2008

Purse-onal

I am sure we are all aware by now that I have a knack for finding the most unbelievable thing that could happen, and somehow making it happen. Seriously. If some of this stuff didn't happen to ME, I wouldn't believe it happened at all.

So, the other night Mia and I are headed out to meet a client for drinks on the strip. I haven't been "out" in a painfully long time, so admittedly I am a bit excited. I am transferring my stuff to a new purse and comment that I really need a new black handbag. Thinking of Mia's devastatingly fantastic luxury handbag collection, I then say, "Why buy a new one when I can just borrow one of yours? Next time, I'll borrow one of yours." I am very excited by this idea, but there is just no time to go handbag shopping in Mia's closet before we go, so I load up my cute little black leather bag and we are on our way.

The evening is continuing without incident... except for a very hilarious politically incorrect bathroom debacle starring Mia (that's a whole other blog), and then we meet our client. We all hit it off from the very first second, and decide on this bar/lounge to sit and chat. We find a great spot with comfy chairs and low tables with candles and such and order our drinks.

Suddenly, Mia seems to have been possessed by something and shouts my name!

"Wha?" I am confused. There seems to be something very wrong, and everything is suddenly in slow motion...

"Jeeeennnnn! Yooouurrrr haaaannnddbaaaggggg iss oooonnnn FFFFIIIIIIRRRRRRREEEEE!"

"Wha?"

My purse was on fire. Literally. On Fire. It was ON FIRE. Not just smoking, Flames. FLAMES!

I suppose I could have been embarrassed or upset.... but it was SO insane and funny that I'm actually almost glad it happened... But, um, not as glad as I am that it was my $5 clearance bag and not Mia's $2,000 one.

Photobucket

6 comments:

LORIE said...

This is a hilarious post. Thanks for making me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard when I read this that I snorted here at the bookstore!! You and Mia are like Rourke and Tattoo!

Riley said...

LOLOL Rourke and Tattoo! D, you're a dork! I giggled so hard when I read this because it sounds like an episode of Friends! What did your client think, Jen?

Trish said...

This was so funny, Jen! What a way to take the seriousness and stress out of election day and calm my nerves. Thanks! I love the MS Paint illustration. You girls are a riot!

INCULPATORY EVIDENCE said...

JENNIFER,

YOU'RE A VERY GOOD AUTHOR BECAUSE I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE I'M THERE WITH YOU IN THE SITUATIONS YOU WRITE ABOUT. MI'S PANIC STRICKEN LOOK COUPLED WITH YOUR DAZED AND CONFUSED ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN A HUMOROUS SCENE INDEED. UNFORTUNATELY, I DON'T THINK I COULD HAVE ASSISTED EITHER ONE OF YOU LADIES BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE DOUBLED OVER WITH LAUGHTER. MY APOLOGIES.

Shop Girl said...

Well, if nothing else it was an ice breaker with Doom. That and the powder room incident and the girl dancing on the ledge. ahahaha