
At the end of this "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" I sat down here at the computer and things got worse. And then worse still. And then... I basically said 'eff it all' until tomorrow when I have more energy to solve the myriad of problems with which I am faced, and ...I came to blogger.
I left my laptop at home on this past trip and honestly only had a few moments while I was gone to even come and check out the posts, and as I sat here tonight catching up... I realized how thankful I am for this little online family. Ok, maybe we are all just online second cousins or something since I haven't ever met most of you in person... but I am thankful nonetheless. I come here, and you write things that are so funny I spit diet pepsi on my screen. I come here, and you write about the frustrations and the issues that I deal with every day. You write things that make me feel something other than overwhelmed with my life... and that is such a welcome gift at the end of the day. I so look forward to reading your musings and your stories! They are a much needed respite from the din I try to make something out of all day long. Even the sad ones bring me a type of refreshing joy in having shared a moment OUTSIDE myself... just the act of being able to get outside myself amidst the things I struggle with is a feat! And then... I purge my soul and write a little myself. I let go, I heal, I share, I emote. And it feels good! It feels better! And so I say, 'Thanks!'
7 comments:
Mia and Dana call it our Blog FAMILY and I couldn't agree with you more, I feel a little soothed whenever I read posts here on Blogger. I'm sorry you had a bad run of it these past few days. I hope tomorrow you have a fabulous day.
I hope today is already much better for you than yesterday. Blogging for me has become my "Calgon Take Me Away" moment. I understand exactly what you're talking about and enjoy your blogs just as much. Thank you.
Jen I feel the same way. I don't blog, but I do read a few of your Blog Family's blogs and they have become a welcome addition to my day and always make me feel better.
JENNIFER, I HOPE WHATEVER IT IS THAT BROUGHT YOU DOWN IS GONE AND THAT YOU REMEMBER YOU ARE HELD DEAR IN MY THOUGHTS AS WELL AS OTHERS. I AM HAPPY THAT READING ALL OF OUR BLOGS GIVES YOU PEACE. I FEEL VERY MUCH THE SAME WHEN I READ YOURS ALONG WITH THE REST OF OUR "FAMILY'S". I AM THINKING OF YOU AND SENDING POSITIVE ENERGY YOUR WAY.
YOUR FRIEND,
LELAND
Aw Jen, I hope you're feeling better today.:-) Ditto on how blogging and reading blogs makes me feel. I'm so glad Mia convinced me to join the blogosphere. XOXO
I love reading your blogs and everyone else's. They cheered me up too the other day when I was having a really shitty one at work and with my boyfriend. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one they help. I'm actually thinking of writing one myself, but I don't think I'm as talented as the rest of you at writing.
Jennifer, I feel exactly the way you do. I am so glad you and Mia persisted (which at least once came in the form of a rather taunting telephone call, lol) and got me on here. This little place is so great on so many levels. 1) As you said, you get to read and share and enjoy others' musings, rantings, ravings and mishaps, and 2) you get to post your own musings, rantings, ravings and mishaps and get them off your chest.
If there is anything good about this age of technology, its the ability to connect to other people without having to meet them (In my case, I was lucky to at least have met you once, and Mia as well). It's great how people's minds can be connected in such a way.
Also (sorry to be so long) I wanted to say I absolutely LOVED your book excerpt! Your prose form is something to be envied!!! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed what I read. Hope to read more someday :)
Post a Comment